If you are still using paper based physical stickies, maybe you should consider to use a free sticky notes software to replace it. Electronic sticky notes is more flexible, manageable and simple to use than the traditional one, and where it really shines is that you can set it to alert at a specified time, and it allows you to encrypt all the notes, you will not forget any important thing or leak any critical information by using it.
PNotes is a stickies alternative, with it you can add as many notes as possible on the desktop, you can record any text content, customize the font size/font color/skin and much more.
One of the only drawbacks to PNotes is that it does not support sync to other computer. As we previously introduced, Cloud Notes is a sticky notes freeware that syncs to Google docs: http://diggfreeware.com/place-a-sticky-notes-gadget-on-the-desktop-which-syncs-to-google-docs-windows-7-freeware/.
- Multilingual User Interface supported: Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, English, Farsi, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Portuguese, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian.
- Ease of use – no installation, just unpack the downloaded archive to any location and run PNotes.exe.
- Formatting – format and design each note as you wish, using all the advantages of rich text formatting.
- Scheduling – use various schedule types to be reminded about significant events by many different ways. Using this feature you may just hide notes and don’t worry, you’ll be notified in time.
- Skins – there is a variety of skins for PNotes but if you wish, you can run the program in skinless mode, in which case you can stretch notes to any reasonable size.
- Searching – search for (or replace) text fragments in all notes, including hidden or in each separate note, or find notes with specified title.
- Password protection – prevents unauthorized access to program.
- Encryption – allows all your notes to be stored as encrypted files, so nobody could read their content, even in case you lose your USB stick.
- Backing up – you decide whether to make backup copies for changed notes and what is the deepness of backup levels.
- Transparency – you can set notes’ transparency level from opaque to fully transparent. If you enable this feature each note can have its own transparency level.
- Images – you can add images to notes, making them more expressive.
- Smilies – besides image files, the set of predefined smilies is at your disposal.
- Overdue notes tracking – stay alerted even with overdue reminders.
- Tags – add any number tags to each note for further searching and sorting.
- Control Panel – this is your central command post. All management is put into effect here.
- Groups – divide notes into groups of your choice, create new groups and subgroups, control all by mouse click or drag-and-drop.
- Diary group – special group of notes with its own settings, which allows you to maintain diary-like set.
- Docking – dock your notes to any side of the screen, forcing them always to be straightened and look like a panel.
- Favorites – access intensively used notes by a single click.
- Custom fonts – use your custom fonts which are not installed on current machine.
- E-mailing – send notes via e-mail as mail body text or as attachment to any target with PNotes running and open attached note on target machine.
- Recycle Bin – you decide how you want to delete the unneeded note: completely or send it to Recycle Bin with ability to restore it later.
- Supports Unicode.
- Portability – PNotes does not require installation, it can be started from any drive (fixed or flash) and leaves no traces on host computer after finishing.
PNotes works on Windows 7/Windows XP/Windows 98/Me/2000/2003/Vista/Server 2008.
Download it from CNET or sourceforge.net
Sticky note application is designed for record notes on computer and display them on the desktop, set alarm for important schedules or events, it’s better than paper based sticky note in terms of flexible, and it’s easy to managing and editing.
Hott notes is a free sticky note software, you can add new notes to the desktop easily, double click to edit the content, or change the font / theme / opacity, set it stay on top, etc. Now you can throw away your paper based sticky note!
- Remind: Place notes on your desktop, reminding you of important events everytime you use the computer.
- List: Create checklists to keep track of what you’ve done and what you have left to do.
- Scribble: Draw crazy pictures to decorate your desktop, or use your Tablet PC to write notes with a stylus. Scribble notes can be any size and stretched to your liking.
- Style:hott notes have a simple, yet pleasant interface. Choose any color, font, or translucency level for your notes. Also, create and use themes.
- Edit: Editing notes is easy and non-obstructive. Just double-click the note body, edit it, and hit “Done” when you’re finished.
Download it from CNET.
Download the portable version from the developer’s website.
Stickies is definitely the best desktop post-it notes freeware for Windows, it has long been my favorite utility, I’ve tried many similar software and found that it’s by far better than its competitors, now it’s one of the most-used application on my computer.
With Stickies you can post any number of note on desktop, you can type any words in it, resize the notes, customize fonts / colors / paragraph / hot keys, lock the contents, export the contents to a txt file, print a note, adjust the opacity, save or apply your personality style, set one note always on topmost, etc.
Stickies also allows you set any notes as a reminder, you can set it to sleep, setup recurring hourly / daily / weekly / monthly / yearly note, or recurrent every X minute / hour / day / week( X means any number). Now you can change your toothbrush every 5 weeks accurately with the help of Stickies, check the due date of your payment on the right day, do your daily task without drop, get alarmed on the day before your wife’s / girlfriend’s birthday.
- Easy to use.
- Amazingly rich feature set.
- High level customization.
- Memorize its position on the screen.
- Stickies can snap to each other and to the sides of the screen to keep them neatly lined up.
- It allows you attach any note to any window.
- Stickies can be transferred to and from your Palm or PPC PDA.
- Stickies has build-in multilanguage support.
- Low system resource usage and memory footprint.
Stickies supports Windows 7, Windows XP and Vista.
Download from CNET or the developer’s website.
Post-it desktop notes software is probably the most useful utility, ATnotes is a free, lightweight and easy to use sticky notes application, it allows you create notes on desktop, set alarm for important schedules, it gives you many options to customize and has very low system resource usage, it’s a good alternative to Stickies.
- Easy to figure out.
- It allows you customize font, text color, background color, border color, transparent value, gradient type for each note, you can save your custom settings as a template for later use.
- All notes are dragable and resizeable, you can set their size and position freely.
- Allows you manage all notes with built in note manager.
- Allows you set single or repeat alarm, you can set a note alarm every hour / day / week, pop up with a message box, flash note, run a specified program.
- Supports full text search.
- Allows you customize hotkeys.
- Allows you send notes to other computers in a local network.
- It has build-in multilanguage support.
You can not set the initial size of a new note, and the notes does not snap each other.
ATnotes works on Windows 7 / Windows XP / Vista / 95 / 98 /Me / NT.
Download it from CNET or the developer’s website.
Cloud Notes is a sticky notes freeware which allows you edit, store, access and share notes easily through secure HTTPS connections using your existing Google Account, all your notes are stored on Google Doc, so you can access them from virtually anywhere!
Read more about Cloud Notes, download Cloud Notes.